We are the only CenteringPregnancy Approved Site in the state of North Dakota!
Sharing your pregnancy with other women who know exactly what you’re going through is the best way to learn and feel confident throughout this wonderful journey.
CenteringPregnancy® is a group-visit prenatal care program that offers, in a group setting, the three major components of prenatal care: health checks, education and support.
How it works:
• Eight to 12 women, approximately 12-16 weeks pregnant, meet together to participate in a facilitated discussion.
• A CHI St. Alexius Health Dickinson OB Physician or other member of provider team will facilitate each session.
• Each pregnancy group meets for a total of 10 sessions throughout pregnancy and in the weeks after delivery.
• CenteringPregnancy® group visits are a great alternative to regular one-on-one visits.
Why is CenteringPregnancy® an exceptional way to receive prenatal care?
• Healthier Outcomes - The program is shown to decrease preterm delivery and postpartum depression rates.
• More time with their provider means patients are more engaged, better informed, and ask their providers more in-depth questions about their pregnancy.
• Make friends and benefit from the support of other group members. And, it's fun!
• We are respectful of your time; all classes start and end on time.
• All appointments are scheduled up-front.
Watch this! CLICK HERE for a video about a Centering program at UCSF.
To learn more or to register, please visit with your CHI St. Alexius Health provider at your next prenatal appointment.
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions, CLICK HERE.
Read more about CenteringPregnancy HERE.