- respiratory care
- Respiratory Care
Our Respiratory Care team is comprised of Respiratory Therapists (RT), specialists that are trained to treat people who have breathing or cardiopulmonary problems. Among their patients are premature infants whose lungs are underdeveloped, to children and adults who have lung diseases such as cystic fibrosis, asthma and COPD. After interviewing and examining a patient, and upon consultation with a physician, the RT will develop a treatment plan.
Services provided by the Respiratory Care team at CHI St. Joseph's Health include:
- EEG Services: (routine or sleep deprived, Extended 41-60 minutes, 1 hour plus Extended EEG, ECS).
- Pulmonary Function Testing: (DLCO, Complete PFT, Spirometry, Peak Flow Meter Measurement , Methacholine Challenge Test)
- Cardiac Monitoring: 24-48 hour Holter Monitor, Event Monitor
- Over Night Oxygen Saturation Recording
- Pentamidine Nebulizer Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy: Asthma Education, MDI/HHN education, ABG’s, CO-OX Blood gases, Umbilical Cord Gases, Capillary Blood Gases, Chest Physio Therapy, Ventilator Management, EKGs, OxyHood Aerosol Therapy, Hi-Flow Nasal Cannula Therapy for infants, Peds and Adults etc.
- Cardiac Stress Testing: Cardiolyte Exercise Stress test, Lexiscan Cardiac Stress Test